Camp 2023 Registration will open April 1st!
Every director wants campers to have a fun time with lots of laughter. Of course I want that- however I have a larger goal. With the world we live in, children are not usually ready for times of responsibility. I want to see character and self-reliance built within a child so they can handle difficult situations.
- Keeping up with all their belongings is difficult for many children and the few days of camp builds responsibility.
- Canoeing, fishing or shooting an arrow seems dangerous and scary, because they have never done these things. However, learning a few rules of safety and instruction builds, "I can do this new activity and figure out other activities now."
- Meeting new people in a different environment is challenging and the children learn to interact with diverse cultures.
- Getting on the back of a horse, or learning how to trot or gallop brings fear for most, however, they learn to overcome and succeed.
- Understanding more about Jesus and how to relate to him as Savior and Lord, prepares KIDS for life in no other way.
- All these things prepare children for life!